Warm up Activity 3.1
In this assignment, you will need to understand and discuss neurotransmitters, important physical factors in mood. For a simple explanation of the basics on the topic, view the following:
Major Depression: One Brain, One Disease, One Set of Intertwined Processes
For this assignment, you will write a paper in which you compare the biological factors that contribute to anxiety and to mood disorders. In your paper:
- Briefly define anxiety disorders and mood disorders
- Specify how to distinguish “moodiness” or anxiety from an actual mood or anxiety disorder
- Explain the biological factors that contribute to each type of disorder
- Compare these factors for any similarities or differences
- Explain whether you think the biological explanation is sufficient in preventing and treating these disorders
- Support your paper with at least three scholarly resources published in peer-reviewed journals in the past five years. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages, including three scholarly resources published in peer-reviewed journal articles in the past five years
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.